Date(s) - 02/10/2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The UA House at Fayette
We will be spreading good vibes at the UA House on Saturday, Feb. 10. The UA House at Fayette operated by Living Classrooms is the heartbeat of the Target Investment Zone and serves over 100 students daily with academic enrichment, health, sports and physical fitness education and career development. It also serves adults with workforce development, career services, entrepreneurial development, and GED and ESL support. This is a large event and we are excited to support every aspect of it!
- We’ll have 160 of you at the Living Classrooms Foundation/UA House(1100 E. Fayette St. Baltimore, MD 21202) for LCF’s “A Family AfFAIR” community event.
- Volunteers will split into groups to help with different parts of the event and can rotate and help in multiple areas. Among the things volunteers will do is help with setup and check in, overseeing the games of tug of war, football, soccer, mini golf, cornhole, making crafts with kids, and working with parents and other adults with resume writing and career readiness.All of these resource fair tasks are important for these community members and interacting with them will be something very special.
- Additionally, we will be helping The Believe in Tomorrow Children’s Foundation and the Y of Central Maryland, assembling Valentine’s Day crafts, and crafts for the Y’s Read Across America week, which will champion literacy while celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
- Parking at Living Classrooms Foundation/UA House: We’ve been asked to please find street parking on Colvin, E. Fayette or Aisquith Streets, and enter the building using the Fayette entrance. The gym door on Fayette at the top of the ramp will be open.
- We’re heading to Owl Bar at the Belvedere (One E. Chase Street Baltimore, MD 21202) for app and drink specials. If you haven’t been there yet, you’re in for a treat – it used to be a speakeasy in the 1920s Prohibition era. To get to Owl Bar, hop on 83-North and get off on the Chase Street exit (5 min drive).
- Important – the bar is in the Belvedere Hotel, so you won’t see it from the street. Walk through the lobby and head to the left to get into the bar. We will try to get a VU sign out there to direct you. But don’t make that your excuse to miss this. See you there!