- This event has passed.
January 2022’s #SecondSaturday!
January 8 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
For January’s event we’re so excited to be working with the team at Second Chance, Inc. again!
Second Chance is an incredible organization that gives not only salvaged materials a second chance, but also people — with the revenue generated from the items they collect, restore, and prepare for sale they assist Baltimoreans with various employment obstacles by helping them with a second chance at learning skills, training, and workplace development that will enable them to live a fulfilling, productive life.
Here are the details for what we’ll be doing with them for January’s #SecondSaturday:
- When: Saturday, January 8, 2022 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Where: 1700 Ridgely St., Baltimore, MD 21230
- What: Work with Second Chance team members to prepare their inventory for pricing and merchandising. This will include things like sorting and stacking products (think doors, windows, and other reclaimed building assets), removing nails from the wood inventory, and other tasks to assist the team with getting items ready for sale!
- Attire: Closed-toe shoes, long pants (no leggings), and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. PLEASE NOTE, the Second Chance team has advised that their building is not climate controlled and it will likely be cold before we get moving so please dress accordingly.
- Parking: Large lot on-site.
- Other details: Second Chance will be implementing temperature checks for all volunteers. Please bring a face mask as the city still has its indoor mask mandate in place. Water filling stations will be available, so be sure to bring your reusable bottles. All necessary safety equipment (such as gloves, safety glasses etc.) will be provided.
We can’t wait to see you for another great Second Saturday of #voluntbeering. Be sure to register early at the link below and spread the word so we can show up and make a huge impact for our neighbors!
If you have any questions, please email us.